Quote Software, Inc. is a privately-held Eugene, Oregon based custom software company focused primarily on estimating and BIM estimating-related software and services.
Development of Quote Software’s first product, QuoteExpress an estimating system for HVAC, began in 1991 and was released commercially in 1994. This first product was developed by an estimator from a family-owned sheet metal shop, who knew there had to be a “better way to bid.” At the same time he also vowed that his customers would not have to deal with the two biggest issues in the industry,long wait times for technical support personnel, who didn’t have construction industry experience and a “one size fits all” approach to software.
With the success of this product, Quote Software rebuilt the original software for Windows 95 and released a networkable code base for Windows, QuoteSoft SheetMetal. Quote Software then added experts in the Mechanical / Piping industries who began the development of QuoteSoft Piping, which was released several years later. We also began ensuring that this product had the capability to be the best tool for specialized industries such as Refrigeration, Waste Water, High Purity, etc.
We develop a relationship with our customers to drive the development of our software. Our programming is driven by customer needs and requests. No two QuoteSoft customers have exactly the same solution, because no two shops are exactly alike. QuoteSoft is pushing estimating technology ahead to a new level, using industry experts in HVAC ductwork estimating & Piping estimating (including plumbing estimating, refrigeration estimating, and other mechanical trades) and software engineering to developing the software in accordance with each individual customers need in mind.
Quote Software, Inc. is supported, developed, in North America. Our support, programming, and administration offices are located in Eugene, Oregon.
FEATURES OF THE SOFTWARE
QuoteSoft Duct & QuoteSoft Pipe Software
QuoteSoft is a takeoff, estimating and bid management solution developed to meet the unique needs of piping, plumbing and ductwork contractors.
QuoteSoft is an industry-specific solution that is used by more than 3,000 contractors across the USA and the Canada. The solution offers commercial and industrial contractors adequate tools to create consistently accurate estimates, bid more jobs and manage projects effectively.
QuoteSoft helps contractors to prepare bids and run estimates, from HVAC and ductwork to piping, plumbing and refrigeration. The solution includes a pre-built customizable material database to add labor tables. The solution also offers QuoteSoft Mobile Takeoff, which lets filed users add lists of pipe, ductwork and other accessories from their mobile device. The data shows up in real-time on the back end, so there’s no more faxing, call-ins or other error-prone ways to get the data to the office.
Quote Software also offers a full line of digitizers and stands that integrate seamlessly with the solution.
PLUMBING AND PIPING
Make estimating easier and your take off faster:
Preparing accurate takeoffs requires a tremendous amount of knowledge, materials, specifications, labor rates, and factors. Finding people with the right skills is not easy. QuoteSoft Piping offers an alternative. By customizing QuoteSoft with the knowledge of your senior estimators into company-standard data tables, takeoff can be done by new estimators and project managers and your senior staff can focus on working the crucial takeoffs that will ensure winning profitable jobs and improving the bottom line.
QuoteSoft Piping is the only program to:
• Show labor and material during takeoff
• Spool pipe lengths automatically
• Show the hanger during takeoff
• Show assembly audit trail picture during takeoff
• Mark up PDF with the pictures of fittings and specialties during takeoff
• Automatically add pipe between fittings during takeoff
• Automatically download database updates from the cloud
• Upload jobs to other locations using the cloud
• Total an area’s labor and material on the fly in on-screen
• Export from On-Screen directly to Excel
• Import material lists from all AutoCAD and Revit MEP systems
• Export labor and material costs to AutoCAD and Revit MEP systems
• Show the width of pipe during takeoff
• Import from iPhone and iPad lists of pipe, valves, fittings and job items
Built around a database with over 110,000 standard items. We’ve included data from major manufacturers of pipe, valves, and fittings to customize for your use. We walk you through a comprehensive process to design and implement a custom solution to fit your specific needs. Over the phone and over the web our techs work with you to refine your estimating process.
With QuoteSoft’s specification driven takeoff you simply select the size, and automatically the appropriate type of pipe, valve’s, fitting’s, flange’s, and hanger’s, are immediately ready to be input, right down to the specific manufacturer. With the power of the spec, you can input the right item at the right size every time. For items that are outside of a specification, QuoteSoft allows you to select any item from the entire database at any time. QuoteSoft is specification driven, not specification limited., flanges, hangers, and specialties. The included labor database provides user modifiable standards for MCAA hours for each of the items in our database. QuoteSoft is the ONLY program that shows you the labor hours and material from the database during takeoff.
Streamline your estimating takeoff by using assemblies. QuoteSoft Piping includes hundreds of industry specific assemblies. We walk you through changing and modifying any assemblies required to meet your individual specifications.
Download your labor and material takeoff to Microsoft Excel for your custom final bid summary. Our standard spreadsheet includes equipment, fixtures, labor rates, rentals, and all job related costs. Interoperability: Integrate your estimating system with cloud and back-office operations. Integrated export module include customizable CSV, DATABASE, XML formats. Custom export formats available.
When working with “What If” scenarios, QuoteSoft Piping is the ideal estimating and project management companion. Alternate specifications can be quantified while preserving your original bid because of our specification flexibility allows you to create “What If” scenarios, giving you more control when creating and modifying your bids.
Automatically mark-up electronic plan files with: On-Screen Blueprint – PDF – Dodge Plan – isqft.com – AutoCAD. Increase your bid volume and improve your labor hour & material cost accuracy with QuoteSoft mechanical estimating software, featuring our easy set-up, simple takeoff, on-the-fly pipe generation, instant global changes, and easy integration with BIM and CAD software.
QuoteSoft Piping has the:
• Simplest way to add valves to a job
• Built-in Harrison codes and prices. Harrison CINX launch partner.
• Ability to only show what’s priced and labored during takeoff
• Access real-world data for accurate estimates.
• Ability to add any item in the database to a zone during takeoff
• The simplest way to change a specification or hanger during takeoff.
• Easiest way to make an assembly on the fly during takeoff
• The easiest way to make a new job item or misc. item during takeoff
• Easy way to recalculate a zone with a different specification
HVAC – DUCTWORK
QuoteSoft Duct is designed for the needs of commercial and industrial sheet metal ductwork contractors, who need a fast and accurate tool to calculate fabrication, installation, and material costs. QuoteSoft estimating software automatically calculates your labor hour and material costs for rectangular, round, and oval ductwork, accessories, and HVAC equipment.
Preparing accurate takeoffs requires a tremendous amount of knowledge, formulas, materials, specifications, labor rates, and factors. Finding people with the right skills is not easy. QuoteSoft Duct offers an alternative. By customizing QuoteSoft with the knowledge of your senior estimators into company-standard data tables, takeoff can be done by part time or entry level estimators and or project managers and your senior staff can focus on working the crucial takeoffs that will ensure winning profitable jobs and improving the bottom line.
QuoteSoft has available SMACNA specifications and standard labor times, which is modified for any type of duct system. Custom specifications are programmed to match your company’s standards for duct construction during your installation and training, and can be set up with allowances for purchased ductwork, spiral pipe and fittings.
QuoteSoft Duct Estimating Software performs your takeoffs directly from plans on your computer screen, QuoteSoft supports a wide variety of popular CAD Drawing formats including PDF, BMP, iSQFT, Dodge Plans, JPEG, TIF, GIF, and hundreds of others.
QuoteSoft takeoff automatically calculates all metal pounds, costs, square feet, liner, equipment costs, shop and field labor with a single click. With QuoteSoft duct estimating software all values are instantly available during takeoff, including the ability to override the standard hours and dollars and insert custom values. This means no more wondering what’s going into your bid. QuoteSoft is the ONLY PROGRAM that makes it easy to be comfortable with your numbers right away, because you can see and override all data going into your bid during takeoff.
Estimating can be a daunting task. Luckily, programs like Microsoft Excel can make adding up your material and labor simple. While Excel can input a simple takeoff, it can’t automatically arrange items into groups and specifications for a streamlined takeoff of duct, fittings, or equipment. With just a few clicks QuoteSoft sends a complete marked up takeoff into your Excel sheet with details like size, labor hours, material cost, and type of item included.
Whether you’re using Excel spreadsheets, another estimating program, or preparing estimates by hand, you’ll find QuoteSoft estimating software easy to use. Designed by contractors for contractors, QuoteSoft estimating software works the way you do. Suddenly, takeoff and estimating becomes faster and even easier for everyone, from estimators, project managers to support staff. Keep Excel for its strength — the final estimate summary— and let QuoteSoft take care of the rest.
QuoteSoft Duct is the only program to:
• Show and override labor and material during takeoff
• Change the gauge, joint, seam, and hanger during takeoff
• Show the assembly audit trail during takeoff
• Mark up PDF with the pictures of fittings during takeoff
• Automatically add duct and pipe between fittings during takeoff
• Total an area’s labor and material on the fly in on-screen
• Import material lists from all AutoCAD and Revit MEP systems
• Export labor hours and material costs to AutoCAD and Revit MEP systems
• Import from iPhone, iPad, Android, Web lists of pipe, valves, fittings and job items
Preparing accurate takeoffs can require a tremendous amount of knowledge, finding people with the right skills is not easy. QuoteSoft Rep offers an alternative. By customizing QuoteSoft Rep with the knowledge of your product lines into company-standard data tables, takeoff can be done by new estimators and rep’s and your senior staff can focus on working the crucial takeoffs that will ensure winning profitable jobs and improving the bottom line.
Built around our easy to use, SQL database with capabilities for product pictures and custom data fields. Automatically mark-up electronic plan files: from PDF, .tiff, .jpg, or any electronic plan files. We walk you through a comprehensive process to design and implement a custom solution to fit your specific needs. Over the phone and over the web our techs work with you to refine your takeoff process.
Designed around the needs of manufactures and reps for construction industries including Dampers, Valves, Flanges, Fixtures, Equipment, Grills, Diffusers, Sound Traps, Flex ducts, Flue Piping, Balancing, and any type of Pipe and Duct Accessories and many more. With our screen-driven takeoff you simply select the item, and automatically the appropriate sizes are immediately ready to be input, right down to the specific manufacturer. QuoteSoft allows you to select any item from the entire database at any time. Tree-view input and bookmarks are available to make it easy to select any item at any time.
Accurate takeoff can be a daunting task. Luckily, programs like Microsoft Excel can make adding up your material simple. While Excel can input a simple takeoff, it can’t automatically arrange items into groups and series for a streamlined takeoff of like items and standardized options. With just a few clicks QuoteSoft sends a complete marked up into your Excel sheet with all your details like size, product id, type, material, and even color of item included. Whether you’re using Excel spreadsheets, another takeoff program, or preparing estimates by hand, you’ll find QuoteSoft software easy to use. QuoteSoft Rep Customer file keeps your plans and takeoff data together in one standardized place. Suddenly, takeoff and reporting becomes faster and even easier for everyone, because everyone is on the same page.
QuoteSoft FabShop is a custom software solution designed for manufacturers of sheet metal ductwork, spiral pipe, and fittings for the HVAC industry. Adaptable for your company needs to produce and track quotations for rectangular, spiral, and oval duct fittings and accessories for complete and accurate quotations.
Preparing accurate takeoffs requires a tremendous amount of knowledge, formulas, materials, specifications, labor rates, and factors. Finding people with the right skills is not easy. QuoteSoft offers an alternative. By customizing QuoteSoft with the knowledge of your estimators into company-standard data tables, takeoff can be done by part time or entry level estimators and or project managers and your staff can focus on working the crucial takeoffs that will ensure winning profitable jobs and improving the bottom line.
1. Input rectangular, round, and oval ductwork, pipe and fittings.
2. Connects to AutoCAD ; Revit to import duct, spiral pipe and fittings.
3. Downloads to your Plasma for automatic fitting input.
4. Links to your accounting software for invoicing and project planning.
5. On-Screen input of PDF files for stripping drawings.
6. iPhone and iPad client software. | Windows, Web and Android client software.
7. QuoteSoft contractors can send you jobs with buyduct.com
Easy to use. Prepare more bids without adding staff. Customizable material database, pre-loaded labor tables, and time-saving entry functions. Consistent bidding with precise control over your formulas, costs and variables.
• Networking Enhanced network capabilities with log-in requirements and security settings. Users aren’t locked out of the program while in database and material multiplier table.
• Database and Specifications Multiple types of hangers and depths of excavation can be built and toggled on in Takeoff. Groups and subclasses can be copied and modified. Bitmap images can be attached to any item in the database.
• Pricing Importing utility from Harrison, Tra-ser, or Allpri$er can be mapped directly into the database. Any Harrison, Tra-Ser, or Allpri$er items can be added to the database at your request. Ability to export/import any material category to Excel for “real-time” pricing to any supplier.
• Support services including BIM data migration, file type conversion, job data storage, average hour cost consulting, labor analysis and normalization using quotesoft server cloud drives.
• Audit trail Audit trail that can be sorted by item, size, and quantity. Select multiple items in the audit trail to change sizes, quantities, and multiples. Copy or repeat any item or items in the audit trail. Quickly and easily insert a row into the audit trail.
• Takeoff Assembly for generating 90 degree elbows while you take off pipe. A double touch at the end of a pipe run is the same as an Enter key. Switch to different hanger types and excavation depths on the fly. Ability to generate different hanger counts based on pipe selected. No need to toggle hangers on or off with vertical pipe takeoff. You don’t have to take off identical runs twice with a multiple feature.
• Enhanced digitizer interface Continuous method of takeoff in addition to pairs method of takeoff. Multiples can be turned on so you don’t have to take off identical runs twice.
• Assemblies Assembly filter so you only see assemblies that apply to the spec that you are using. Ability to take off assemblies without exiting Takeoff. Preview of assembly on screen with both audit trail and picture shown.
CONVERTING FROM MANUAL OR WORKSHEET SYSTEMS
Contractors using QuoteSoft piping and plumbing software are four times faster than manual estimators. If you spend even 10 hours a week estimating and doing change orders, QuoteSoft Piping can easily pay for itself in saved labor costs.
Many QuoteSoft users automate their input using a digitizer pen and table. QuoteSoft offers flexible input which allows you to use an electronic digitizer to automatically input precise lengths for your pipe.
Prepare more bids without adding staff, thanks to QuoteSofts’ customizable database, pre-loaded labor tables, and time-saving entry functions. We help you improve your win rate with accurate, consistent bidding with precise control over your costs and variables.